Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why don't you have a greater selection of American Beer available?
We don't make decisions on what to stock. That is totally up to the Liquor Suppliers and Agencies that sell product in Alberta.
2. Can you offer single-bottle ordering, so we can provide customers with a greater selection of liquor?
Connect cannot offer single-bottle distribution unless the Suppliers and Agencies who own the products unanimously agreed to offer this service. They would also have to agree to the incremental costs involved in distributing individual bottles.
3. Who is responsible for products being out of stock in the Connect warehouse?
The Supplier, Agency or manufacturer are responsible for ensuring that their products are in the warehouse and available for ordering.
4. Why are products still listed in the Wholesale Price List, yet they have been out of stock for months?
Items will continue to appear in the Wholesale Price List as long as there is an outstanding Purchase Order on file for that product.
5. How can I find out when a product will be back in stock and available for ordering again?
Contact the Supplier or Agency directly.
6. How are LTO's (Limited Time Offers) allocated?
LTO products are ordered by our customers on a first come, first served basis, beginning on the date that the LTO goes into effect. Orders are filled until quantities run out, or until the LTO period is over.
7. Why can't you implement a fairer method of distributing the gift tins etc., that come into the warehouse at Christmas?
Unless products are specifically allocated by the Supplier or Agency, all products are sold on a first come, first served basis. We do not regulate the sale of any product.
8. Why do I have to order a minimum of 25 cases?
All freight rates are based upon weight. The cost-per-unit of shipping would be substantially increased on anything less than 25 cases. Lowering the case minimum would also bring most licensees directly to Connect Logistics Services to order as opposed to buying their products from a retail outlet.
9. We're a new business, and have trouble meeting the 25 case minimum every week.
One thing you can do is order larger quantities, but order every other week. Doing this has the added advantage of decreasing your order costs.
10. My store is in the country and I'd like to order every week instead of every 2 weeks. Can I do this?
Yes, you can, as long as you order on your specific order day each week and meet the minimum 25 case requirement.
11. Can I order Liquor products over the Internet?
Yes. Internet Ordering is available at LiquorConnect.com
12. I don't pay order or delivery charges with other beverage alcohol warehouses so why do I have to pay Connect for order and delivery?
Connect is a third party warehouser and distributor so transportation costs are not built in to the wholesale cost of the product. The domestic beer producers own their own distribution channels and consequently build their distribution costs into the listed price.
13. How do I pay for my order?
All payments are made directly to the AGLC. Connect Logistics Services does not handle payments.
14. Why can't you offer me more order payment options?
All payments for orders are made directly to the AGLC. The AGLC have been trying to work with all major banks and financial institutions in Alberta to offer easier ways for licensees to make their order payments. For more information on payments and payment options available to you, contact AGLC Finance at (780) 447-8673.
15. Why can't you give me some leeway on my Bank Guarantee Letter when I go over the limit?
That is not a decision that Connect Logistics Services can make. You should contact your Bank and discuss the issue with them, or contact the AGLC for payment options (780) 447-8680.
16. Who do I contact when I am short-shipped cases on my order?
For help with short shipped cases, please contact the Customer Service Department.
17. Who do I contact if product is damaged in transit?
For help with damaged product, please contact the Customer Service Department.
18. Who do we contact regarding customer complaints on bad product?
Contact either the AGLC at (780) 447-8832, or the Supplier or Agency of that product.
19. Why isn't there a minimum liquor mark up?
Section 5.1.3 of the AGLC Retail Liquor Store Operating Guidelines states that "Stores may set their own retail prices. Consumer response and market forces will influence pricing"
20. Is there anyone at Connect Logistics Services that I can call with questions?
Yes. Our Customer Service Department is open Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 4:30pm, except on statutory holidays. Click to contact the Customer Service Department.